GUIDELINES FOR SPONSORSHIP, FINANCIAL GRANTS OR IN-KIND SUPPORT FOR NON-BIA FORT LANGLEY EVENTS
In certain circumstances the Fort Langley Business Improvement Association (FLBIA) may be able to provide funds or in-kind support for events, celebrations, festivals or ceremonies that take place in Fort Langley.
We are part of the community and we see benefits to supporting activities that bring the community together and bring more people to the village. But we are also a non-profit organization and, as such, we have limited resources that we must carefully allot to those projects that best benefit our members. Sometimes, no matter how worthy we think the endeavour, we will not be able to sponsor it.
The amount of money available and the terms of the support or sponsorship are within the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of the FLBIA.
That being said, there are minimum requirements for Applicants to meet in order for their event, celebration, festival or ceremony (the Event) to qualify for support or sponsorship. These requirements are as follows:
1. The Event must take place substantially within the boundaries of the Fort Langley Business Improvement Area (the Area) or in the alternative, in a publicly owned venue in close proximity to the business improvement area as approved by the FLBIA Board of Directors
2. The Applicant must submit with its application:
a) a prepared business plan with an attached budget; or
b) a program it intends to follow based upon a repeated history of successfully carrying out the Event;
3. The Event must benefit the members of the FLBIA by:
a) creating a vibrant atmosphere in the commercial district; or
b) increasing the average number of tourists and/or residents within the Area during normal working hours; or
c) creating goodwill towards the FLBIA among the attendees to the Event.
In addition to the minimum requirements above, preference will be shown for Events that:
1. are not-for-profit, or are the project of not-for-profit organizations;
2. are free, or of minimal cost to attend;
3. are open to the general public;
4. are family-friendly;
5. include the participation of at least two members of the FLBIA;
6. are environmentally friendly;
7. have limited sources of funding;
8. have a record of two years of successful operation.
Preference may also be shown for in-kind support over financial grants. In-kind support generally benefits the FLBIA membership. It includes such things as providing executive washrooms for the Event, secured bicycle facilities, enhanced recycling and garbage collection or help with traffic control or security.
We may also be able to provide the Event hosts and volunteers with advice, community knowledge, communication and promotional assistance.
Applications should be submitted at least 60 days before the Event.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis and the results of the review will be provided to the Applicant within 14 days of the receipt of the application.
Even if your application is refused for the current year you may be approved in a subsequent year.
We wish you all the best.
the FLBIA Board of Directors.