Gareth Abreo, Christine Burdeniuk, Franco Papalia, Angela Hazelton, and Eric Woodward
Cathy Doyle and John Tomlinson
ADOPTION OF AGENDA ITEMS
Meeting called to order at 8:41am.
- That the agenda for the meeting be approved and adopted.
- Gareth Abreo
- Angela Hazelton
- Without Dissent
- That the minutes of the October 25, 2016 Board Meeting be adopted as received.
- Gareth Abreo
- Franco Papalia
- Without Dissent
- President's Report
- Eric Woodward reported that, since the last Board meeting, the Fort Langley BIA had executed yet another successful Bloom Market on the weekend of the 19th and 20th. He and rest of the Board thanked Meghan for organizing another successful market.
- He confirmed that he coordinated approximately $5,000 in targeted Facebook advertising for the event, which continues to work well, and be a vehicle for the overall promotion of Fort Langley, in addition to the event itself.
- Treasurer's Report
- Gareth Abreo reported the current cash balance of the Fort Langley BIA to be $85,237, with the working accrued balance to be a net balance of approximately $72,000.
- Constitution & Bylaws Amendments. Christine Burdeniuk.
- Christine Burdeniuk.
- Bloom Market Review. Meghan Neufeld.
- Meghan Neufeld confirmed and outlined the financials for the market overall, and that about 2,700 people over both days attended, based on entrance fees.
- Christmas Update. Gareth Abreo & Meghan Neufeld.
- Gareth Abreo and Meghan Neufeld reviewed the items completed as part of Christmas spending by the Fort Langley for 2016, the most in many years, with window painting on most buildings, radio advertising, and a contribution towards the tree lighting at the Fort Langley Community Hall.
- Utilities Conversion Update. All.
- The Board discussed that yes, construction had finally resumed on the main public portion of the utilities conversion project, with completion of that portion expected by February of 2017.
- Eric Woodward mentioned that he saw no reason why, at that time, Glover Road could not be resurfaced, as promised by Township staff. The Board concurred that it is badly needed, and a reasonable expectation.
- Tent Canopy Replacement. Eric Woodward.
- Eric Woodward raised the potential need to replace the existing tent canopy with the current Fort Langley BIA branding, something which the Board discussed would eventually be necessary when the new branding process was completed a few years prior.
- The Board resolved to get a quote for a replacement canopy and additional tent to discuss and consider at the next meeting.
- 2017 Annual General Meeting. Gareth Abreo.
- Gareth Abreo raised the possibility of holding the Annual General Meeting in January or February prior to the vote by the property owners on the proposed BIA renewal terms from 2017-2019, to hear from the wider membership in that regard, and to ensure their awareness of it.
- Eric Woodward concurred that this is an excellent idea, to maximize membership input opportunities.
- The Board generally agreed and resolved to consider holding the Annual General Meeting on February 8, 2017, at the Fort Langley Lions Hall, subject to confirmation and final approval at the next Board meeting on January 10.
The next meeting is proposed to be on January 10, 2016, at 8:30am.
Meeting adjourned at 9:54am.