Gareth Abreo, Christine Burdeniuk, Cathy Doyle, Angela Hazelton, John Tomlinson and Eric Woodward
Meeting called to order at 8:07am.
- Welcome and Introduction of New Members
- John Tomlinson introduced himself, and vice-versa for Board members he did not know.
- Resignation and Election of President and Treasurer for 2016-2017
- Eric Woodward resigned as President.
- Eric Woodward confirmed his interest in continuing on as President for at least one more year. Gareth Abreo nominated him, Angela Hazelton seconded. Without opposition, Eric Woodward was acclaimed as President for 2016-2017.
- Gareth Abreo agreed to serve as Treasurer, nominated by Angela Hazelton, seconded by Christine Burdeniuk. Without opposition, Gareth Abreo was acclaimed as Treasurer for 2016-2017.
- Cathy Doyle expressed interest to continue as Vice President. Eric Woodward nominated her, John Tomlinson seconded. Without opposition, Cathy Doyle was acclaimed as Vice President for 2016-2017.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA ITEMS
- That the agenda for the meeting be approved and adopted.
- Christine Burdeniuk
- John Tomlinson
- Without Dissent
- That the minutes of the May 17, 2016, meeting be adopted as received.
- Gareth Abreo
- Angela Hazelton
- Without Dissent
- President's Report
- Eric Woodward confirmed that the BIA had completed his Annual General Meeting for 2016, and that it was low-key with minimal turnout, but that there was some good discussion and feedback from those that attended.
- Treasurer's Report
- Eric Woodward provided a Treasurer's Report, confirming that the BIA's cash balance is $59,159, as of July 4, 2016, with the levy of $57,964 still to be deposited.
- Constitution & Bylaws Amendments. Christine Burdeniuk.
- Christine Burdeniuk confirmed that the Constitution remained to be edited and confirmed before further external reviews. She also confirmed that the new rules do not come into effect until November 28, 2016.
- Utilities Conversion Update.
- Eric Woodward confirmed that, once again, the update on the utilities conversion is that there is no update.
- Board Meeting Calendar for 2016.
- Eric Woodward outlined the proposed Board meeting calendar for 2016, which the Board confirmed as acceptable. The Board agreed to change the start time for Board meetings to 9:00am.
- Cranberry Festival Update.
- Meghan Neufeld outlined with the Board a few changes to the Cranberry Festival this year, that Church Street will not be closed, and that fewer vendors will be positioned closer to Francis this year because of the limited space, among other minor adjustments.
- Cathy Doyle raised the question of Christmas Decor, lit and unlit, and the possibility of organizing a local business network for hosted networking events, that the Township of Langley is not sufficiently emptying garbage cans on the weekends, and the need for membership profiles.
- Gareth Abreo raised the issue of completed banner and lights removal from the streetscape.
- Eric Woodward reminded the Board of the need for a long-term contract for event planning. The Board agreed to consider this at the next Board meeting after a proposal from Meghan Neufeld for 5 events per year, for 2 years.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30am.