Gareth Abreo, Christine Burdeniuk, Jim Dyck, Angela Hazelton, Blair Shpeley, and Eric Woodward
Brenda Alberts and Cathy Doyle
ADOPTION OF AGENDA ITEMS
Meeting called to order at 8:06am.
- That the agenda for the meeting be approved and adopted.
- Angela Hazelton
- Christine Burdeniuk
- Without Dissent
- That the minutes of the October 27, 2015, meeting be adopted as received.
- Gareth Abreo
- Blair Shpeley
- Without Dissent
- President's Report
- Eric Woodward reported that he attended the Christmas horse and carriage trial event, and thanked Angela for organizing it. He also outlined the progress of the new constitution, for which another meeting to review possible revisions had been held.
- Treasurer's Report
- Jim Dyck reported that with a few payables from 2015 still outstanding to be paid, the current cash balance of the BIA is $88,178.
- 2016 Budget. Eric Woodward.
- Eric Woodward briefly reviewed the draft budget with Board, and rationale for its components, and specific amounts. The Board agreed to review and consider it further, for Board approval at the February meeting.
- 2016 Grant Applications. Eric Woodward.
- Eric Woodward confirmed that he would prepare and submit two grant applications to the Township of Langley this year, in February.
- Constitution Amendments. Christine Burdeniuk.
- The Board briefly reviewed the latest version of the proposed new bylaws.
- 2016 Annual General Meeting. All.
- The Board confirmed the date for the 2016 Annual General Meeting to be Monday, May 16, 2016, 5:30pm.
- Utilities Conversion Update. All.
- Eric Woodward confirmed that there was no significant update at this time, but that project was indeed still ongoing.
- Bloom Market Baby. Meghan Neufeld.
- Meghan Neufeld reviewed the current status of Bloom Market Baby, currently set to proceed in March 2016.
- Food Festival. Meghan Neufeld.
- Eric Woodward, Gareth Abreo and Meghan Neufeld relayed the results to the Board of their meeting with a potential organizer for September Food Festival, with a possible expansion for additional food vendors.
- The Board agreed that event should be repeated and expanded in 2016.
- Gareth Abreo suggested that the BIA should consider partially funding visitor services, possibly in conjunction with Tourism Langley and/or the Fort Langley Community Improvement Society. Gareth offered to organize a meeting with Tourism Langley to discuss the possibility further.
Meeting adjourned at 9:12am.