Gareth Abreo, Brenda Alberts, Christine Burdeniuk, Jim Dyck, and Eric Woodward
Cathy Doyle, Angela Hazelton, and Blair Shpeley
ADOPTION OF AGENDA ITEMS
Meeting called to order at 8:02am.
- That the agenda for the meeting be approved and adopted.
- Jim Dyck
- Gareth Abreo
- Without Dissent
- That the minutes of the June 2, 2015, meeting be adopted as received.
- Brenda Alberts
- Christine Burdeniuk
- Without Dissent
- President's Report
- Eric Woodward that since the last meeting he had coordinated and $3,972 of Facebook advertising to July 15th, less than half of the approved amount at the last Board meeting.
- Eric further outlined that he has been personally monitoring the progress on the utilities conversion on a daily basis, and is so far very pleased with the progress, and the efficient, professional conduct of the contractor, Pedre.
- Eric confirmed that he had to contact ToL staff about the $56,275 levy for 2015, and that it is now on its way.
- Treasurer's Report
- Jim Dyck reported that the BIA's balance as of July 21, 2015, is $60,163. With the levy now due this totals $116,438, with no significant liabilities pending.
- Work Plan 2015-2016. All.
- Eric Woodward reviewed with the Board possibilities for a 2015-2016 Work Plan, still in draft, point form.
- Constitution Amendments. Eric Woodward and Christine Burdeniuk.
- Christine Burdeniuk outlined for the Board the upcoming need for a constitutional amendment because of a new Societies Act, and to resolve issues with Associate Memberships, in addition to a few smaller items.
- Fort Langley Pedestrian Signage. Eric Woodward.
- Eric Woodward updated the Board on the current status of this work item, confirming that it will be the main item at the September meeting, to review the current contemplated design, general direction, and potential locations.
- Fort Langley Merchant Basket. Eric Woodward and Meghan Neufeld.
- Meghan Neufeld reported that she has a few different merchant baskets confirmed, and ready to donate to selected event in the fall of 2015.
- Utilities Conversion Update. All.
- Eric Woodward reported that from all reports, the impact of the utilities conversion construction works was so far manageable, and not as bad as some were predicting. Eric reported that he has confirmed that it is on schedule, with most of the major construction work currently set to complete within the month of August.
- Brenda Alberts commented that the contractor, Pedre, seemed to be performing very well. The Board generally concurred.
- Radio Advertising. Eric Woodward.
- Eric Woodward raised the possibility of radio advertising, but it was not pursued further. Gareth Abreo suggested it be effective for a single event, but not for a general Fort Langley awareness campaign.
- Cranberry Festival Update. Meghan Neufeld.
- Meghan Neufeld reported that Cranberry Festival planning was proceeding smoothly, sponsorship revenue seems like it will increased from 2014.
- Food Festival Day. Meghan Neufeld.
- Meghan Neufeld reported that she was working on a Fort Food Festival Day for September 12, 2015, but that details were not yet confirmed.
- Board Meeting Dates for 2015. Eric Woodward.
- Eric Woodward suggested Board meetings be moved to the 1st Wednesday morning of each month starting in September.
The next meeting is proposed to be on September 9, 2015, at 8:00am.
Meeting adjourned at 9:23am.