Gareth Abreo, Jim Dyck, Casey Smith, Kevin Speilman, and Eric Woodward
Andrew Abreo, Dixie Jacobson, Misty Vanpopta
ADOPTION OF AGENDA ITEMS
Meeting called to order at 8:09am.
- That the agenda for the meeting be approved and adopted.
- Kevin Speilman
- Gareth Abreo
- Without Dissent
- That the minutes of the August 1, 2013, meeting be adopted as received.
- Casey Smith
- Jim Dyck
- Without Dissent
- Cranberry Festival Update w/ Meghan Neufeld
- Meghan Neufeld outlined that planning for the Cranberry Festival is now fully underway.
- She confirmed that she has begun the coordination of insurance, road closures, and vendor applications.
- She outlined that Ocean Spray has confirmed earlier this year to participate again, and that they had agreed to donate 7,500 lbs of cranberries. Jim Dyck suggested we need to ask for more, perhaps 8,500 lbs because they have sold out earlier in the day the past few years. Meghan confirmed she would follow-up, and request 8,500 lbs.
- She outlined that entertainment arrangements were also underway.
- She confirmed that Freybe would be an in-kind sponsor again this year. Parklane had declined to be a cash sponsor, but Eric Woodward had confirmed again as a cash sponsor, leaving only two cash sponsors confirmed so far, Eric Woodward and the Township of Langley.
- Meghan further outlined that she was still waiting for a proposal from the Langley Times, to confirm the media partner.
- Meghan and Casey Smith informed the Board that a wedding had been booked at the Community Hall for the same day as the Cranberry Festival, and as a result, they were not sure we could use the from area of the Community Hall. Regardless, the Bob Rodgers confirmed that the BIA would not need to pay $1,200 for the Community Hall this year since they had another booking for that day.
The next meeting is now proposed to be on September 5, 2013, at 8:00am.
Meeting adjourned at 9:21am.